mount saint vincent university is committed to the protection of personal information within its records by making reasonable security arrangements against such risk as unauthorized access, collection, use disclosure or disposal. all collection, use and protection of personal information by the mount will be in strict adherence with the freedom of information protection of privacy (foipop) legislation.
personal information is recorded information about an identifiable individual, including:
1. the individual’s name, address or telephone number
2. the individual’s race, national or ethnic origin, colour, or religious or political beliefs or associations
3. the individual’s age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status or family status
4. an identifying number, symbol or other particular assigned to the individual
5. the individual’s fingerprints, blood type or inheritable characteristics
6. information about the individual’s health-care history, including a physical or mental disability
7. information about the individual’s educational, financial, criminal or employment history
8. anyone else’s opinions about the individual, and
9. the individual’s personal views or opinions, except if they are about someone else
personal information will not be provided to a third party without written informed consent of the individual, or in keeping with the privacy provisions of the Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act (foipop).
records containing the personal information of third parties as defined in the foipop act will not be disclosed by mount saint vincent university without a formal foipop application, and unless the personal information has been severed, or prior written consent of the individual has been given.
in the boxes below, you will find references to foipop legislation on the collection, retention, use and disclosure of your personal information.